Saturday, September 11, 2010

Memory

Isn't memory a funny thing? I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I remember the opening song from the concert I went to 6 months ago.

One thing I know I'll never forget is where I was on September 11th, 2001. I remember seeing the twin towers come down on tv in history class. I remember being in shock, praying a lot. I remember I didn't even cry until 3 days later when I heard Third Day's "I've Always Loved You" on the radio.

And I think God made us that way. Some things we're supposed to remember. So I hope wherever you are today, you are blessed and well. But I also hope you never forget what happened 9 years ago today, and that it reminds you to pray. Pray for our country, pray for your family, and thank God for the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment