Thursday, September 2, 2010

Love in Motion

According to Wikipedia (one of the most reliable sites on the interwebs), kinetic energy of an object is "The energy which it possesses due to its motion." Now, I'm not a physicist, but I believe the energy of an object not in motion is potential energy. I don't want to bore any potential (pun intended) readers with a science lesson straight off the starting line, so I'll make this brief. A ball sitting on a shelf has potential energy; give it a good whack and it has kinetic energy as it rolls off the shelf.

I think there's a beautiful illustration there. James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." I am tired of sitting around on my rear end watching people with less resources than I go out and change the world. I don't just want to be a listener of the word; I want to be a doer. I don't want potential love for others; I want love
in motion.

So that's what this blog is about. What does love in motion mean? I'm not completely sure yet, but that's the beauty of it. We get to find out together. Jesus, myself, and hopefully you. I want to find out what kinetic love looks like.

I'd also like to give a special shout out to Jon Acuff and his wonderfully hilarious and insightful blog, Stuff Christians Like, which inspired me to start this blog.

1 comment:

  1. So true!! I cannot wait to learn about kinetic love and see how we can make a change for God!! =) Looking forward to this blogspot journey Alannah!! =)

    ReplyDelete