Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy? Rest.

Matthew 11:28-29
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

I have been so busy this week. We're going through some changes at work and it's required me to take on more responsibility for a while and work some extra hours. Nothing major, but piled on top of the stuff I already have to do, it feels like a lot. I get bogged down. I realize I haven't updated the blog, and when I started this blog, my intent was to update on a near daily basis.

The thing about life is that it will always be busy. There's always something that's not going to get done. I need to stop focusing so much on all that stuff, and focus instead on spending some time with my Savior. He's promised me rest... then why do I have such a hard time resting?

I don't really have an answer right now. And I think that's OK. What I'm being reminded of tonight is that Jesus called the weary and burdened to Himself. The reward is rest. Maybe I should come to Him more; learn from Him more; spend less time in the world. Maybe then I would know what real rest is.

No comments:

Post a Comment