Thursday, March 31, 2011

Being Sick Sucks

I promise I didn't push my blog day back to Thursday. I've been sick all this week, and to be honest, it's quite hard to think of spiritual lessons when you're figuring out how to breathe through one nostril. I didn't really feel like doing much of anything, which, in a season where I have so much to do, is not very constructive.

Something that I've come to realize more and more over the years, is that life doesn't fit into the timetable you might have imagined. I know that seems obvious, but I used to think that way. I used to thing A things needed to happen by B time or the world would like explode... or something. But life doesn't work that way. I easily forget that God's ways are higher than mine (Isa. 55:8-9), and I try to take the reigns myself. But that rarely works out for me. It's times like these that I come to understand I just need to trust God. I may not know where I'm going, but He does.

So, that's really it for this week. Hopefully, I'll be back on my feet (and more into my blog) next week. Here's wishing you good weather and good health!

1 comment: